Saturday 10 January 2015

Happy New Year

I'm not one for going over what happened in the previous year but like to look forward to what I would like to do in the coming year.  I like to have wishes and goals for myself.  They are more like promises to myself to do things I really love.

Over the last month I have trialled a new pattern called Zelda, for a clothing designer Pearl Red Moon, made some gifts, and have thoroughly enjoyed myself, making stuff.


Here is my Zelda, top designed by Pearl Red Moon. 

You can find the pattern here:

blog: www.pearlredmoon.com
online shop: http://boho-banjo-art-to-wear.myshopify

My thoughts on the pattern:  It is very simple to sew with lots of scope for wonderful variation.  I would definitely use the full page pattern and get it printed at office works. It did take me a good few hours to put the tiles together and I was itching to just sew it up.  I sewed up the small size taking it in a bit as I am between a 12 and 14 these days.  I made it in light cottons and it looks great. The box feature would look better in a knit or fabric which drapes well, in my opinion. The cotton doesn't drape well so I was disappointed with how this sat. But it is a lovely, easy to sew top and I would recommend it.  It is a top to have fun with.

 
 
This is the beach/dance bag front and back which I made for Harper for her 8th birthday.  Made from an old pair of jeans with some pretty button embroidery, and fabric and frill added to the bottom. Everyone liked it and I was thrilled with it. It's a nice roomy bag for beach towels or dance shoes and lots of stuff! 

 
This is not a good picture as I forgot to take a photo, but this was taken when I gave it to my friend for her birthday.  It is a finely crocheted neckpiece working in Valdani thread, on a 1.5 size hook.  It looked lovely and was inspired by a pattern in the 2013 Vogue Crochet magazine, a favourite.
 
So lots happening in the studio.  It's going to be wonderfully creative year
 
Enjoy Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment